Cowboy Steaks - Kosher Bison Ribeye Steak
Bone-in Ribeye steaks, sometimes also called Tomahawk Steaks, are an American classic. These cowboy steaks are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. Cook with bone in to ensure a delicious, rich flavor.
2 bone-in Bison Ribeye steaks
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon margarine
5 sprigs of thyme
4 garlic cloves, minced
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven broiler to low
2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet, such as cast iron, on medium high heat.
3. Wait until pan is smoking, add oil and swirl.
4. Place both steaks flat in skillet immediately after the oil to prevent the oil from burning.
5. Season steaks with salt and pepper while in pan.
6. Sear on all sides for 3-5 minutes each. Or until there is a nice brown crust on all sides.
7. Add margarine, thyme, and garlic swirl the skillet to coat.
8. Spoon herb mixture over the steaks by tilting the skillet towards your body allowing the juices to pool to one side.
9. Transfer the skillet with steaks to the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare steaks.
10. Serve and enjoy!