Bison Bone Broth - Kosher Bison Knee Bones
This homemade bison broth is the key to delicious, tender meals. In addition to being yummy, this homemade bison bone broth is packed with nutrients and healthy fats. From soup to roasts, almost all of your bison dishes can be improved by homemade bison bone broth.
Several large Bison Bones, such as Knee Bones.
1 whole onion roughly chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 ribs of celery, chopped
3 tablespoons white vinegar
Kosher Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place Bison Bones in a slow cooker or very large stock pot. (please note, thawed or frozen bones both work for this recipe).
2. Add carrots, celery and onion.
3. Add enough water to completely cover the bones. Remember that the bone broth will cook down during this process, so be liberal with the water and add more as needed.
4. Add white vinegar.
5. If using a stockpot, bring to a boil and then immediately lower to a simmer, allowing to simmer for 12-24 hours (if using a slow cooker skip the boiling and set to low for 12-24 hours)
6. Allow broth to cool before pouring through a strainer. Throw away the contents of the strainer and season the broth with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Put broth in freezer friendly sealable containers and freeze for later use.