Bison Denver Steak with Sweet and Spicy Red Onions - Kosher Bison Denver Steak
Bison Denver steak is a relatively new cut from the bison chuck. This cut has rapidly grown in popularity due to its tenderness and delicious marbling, and when you try this sweet and savory recipe you will see why! Pair with a green salad and some rice for a full meal.
1 8-10 oz Bison Denver Steak
4 medium red onions, finely diced
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon curry paste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon rosemary (fresh is preferred, but dried also works)
Kosher salt and pepper to taste.
1. In a sauce pot heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and onions and saute and until caramelized.
2. Lower heat to medium and add sugar, coconut milk and curry paste. Mix thoroughly and cook until thick and reduced. Fold in rosemary.
3. While sauce is reducing, put remaining olive oil in a large heavy bottom pan on medium high heat.
4. Liberally salt and pepper steaks. When oil is hot, add to the pan. Cook each side for about 4-5 minutes, or until the internal temp of the steak is 130. Remember that bison is lean and cooks quickly, so be sure to watch it closely.
5. Remove steak from heat, and top with sweet and spicy onion mixture. Serve and enjoy!