Asian Inspired Bison Stir-Fry - Kosher Bison Flat Iron
This delicious weeknight meal comes together in a hurry, and is great served over rice. Other cuts of meat that can be used in this recipe include Flank or Skirt Steak!
1 1 lb flat iron, flank or skirt bison steak cut into strips about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide
1 tablespoons sesame oil
½ lb fresh broccoli florets cut into bite sized pieces
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into ½ inch rounds
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
1 green onion, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1. Combine soy sauce, garlic, green onion and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Add sesame oil to a large fry pan or wok over medium-high heat, moving to coat the pan.
3. Add Bison to pan in batches of two for 2-3 minutes each, being careful to not overcook the lean meat. Put cooked meat aside.
4. Add bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms and carrot to the pan and stir fry for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables start to become fragrant.
5. Add meat to the pan as well as soy sauce mixture.
6. Stir and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Serve over rice or noodles.