1 pound beef mock tender
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Cut the beef mock tender into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef mock tender to the pot and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pot with a lid and transfer it to the preheated oven. Cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour and water to make a slurry. Remove the pot from the oven and place it on the stovetop over medium heat. Stir in the slurry and cook for a few minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the beef mock tender hot with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables.