Tangy Bison Skirt Steak Salad - Kosher Bison Inside Skirt
This tangy bison skirt steak salad is the perfect recipe for a hot summer day! The meat can be made ahead of time for a quick weeknight meal!
4 cups mixed greens
2 8 oz Bison Skirt Steaks, with all visible fat removed
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
¼ cup olive oil, plus more for pan
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup lime juice
2 tablespoons minced lemongrass
2 Serrano Chile peppers, minced with seed removed
2 shallots, minced
1 bunch green onions, sliced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
1. Preheat the grill to high for 5-10 minutes.
2. Coat steaks with olive oil and season liberally with salt, pepper and granulated garlic on both sides.
3. Cook on grill for 5 minutes on first side and 3 minutes on second side, being careful to not overcook.
4. Let steaks rest for 10 minutes, slice thinly against the grain of the meat.
5. While steaks are resting combine the lemon grass, chilies, shallots, green onions, lime juice, cilantro and mint.
6. Add thinly sliced bison. Toss to coat.
7. Fill plate with mixed greens, top with bison and sauce.
8. Serve & Enjoy!