Grilled Bison London Broil - Kosher Bison London Broil
1 Bison London Broil (approx 2.5-3 lbs)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves crushed garlic
4-6 sprigs of fresh thyme (or about 1 tbsp dried thyme)
1 cup Kosher BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine olive oil, crushed garlic and thyme in a small mixing bowl. This will be the marinade. To ensure the best flavor, crush the garlic and remove its paper, but do not chop. Put bowl aside.
2. Prepare the London Broil by generously seasoning all sides with kosher salt and pepper.
3. Place seasoned London Broil in a large pot with lid. Pour marinade over meat, cover and allow the bison to sit for up to two hours.
4. Preheat grill until meat thermometer reads about 250-300 degrees fahrenheit
5. In a separate bowl, combine BBQ sauce, maple syrup, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
6. Place your London Broil on the grill and reduce the heat.
7. With a brush, later the broil with the glaze and then close the grill. Re-glaze the london broil every 3-5 minutes.
8. After about 10 minutes of cooking on the covered grill, flip the meat and cook for an additional 10 minutes, continuing to glaze. Remove from heat when the meat thermometer reads 135-140 Degrees fahrenheit. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.