Butcher's Favorite Grilled Hanging Tender - Kosher Bison Hanging Tender
1 Bison Hanging Tender, cut into four steaks
½ cup Dijon mustard
6 cloves garlic smashed and chopped
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons dried rosemary
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Kosher salt and pepper
1. Create marinade by combining Dijon mustard, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper. lemon juice and zest in a small bowl. Once thoroughly mixed, pour over the steaks. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
2. Preheat the grill. Remove marinated steaks from the fridge and cover with salt and pepper.
3. Continuing to brush with marinade, grill steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches about 135 degrees fahrenheit for medium rare. Remember that Bison is very lean and therefore easy to overcook, so keep a meat thermometer handy.
4. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Slice steaks against the grain and serve.